Friday, January 6, 2017

New Year! New Fun at Quilters Anonymous!

A new season of Quilters Anonymous begins this Sunday, January 8th!  The Home Ec room will open at 11:00 am!  We will conduct our first meeting at 1:00 pm and continue sewing until 5:00!
We will be doing things a bit differently in 2017.  However, our goals remain the same!  QA is a quilting, guilt free gathering to work on any project that pleases us!
As quilters, we are by virtue of our craft, dreamers filled with good intentions. Our QA group is a place where we encourage one another in all quilting pursuits ... many of us chose to make progress on a current UFO or to begin projects we've dreamed of doing!  To address these quilt desires of our heart, we are going to use the All People Quilt format.  It is such fun to accomplish progress on projects that have been seeking our attention!

A Personal Journey and Invitation

As most of you know, I am a firm believer in the power of Leader & Ender projects!
Ever since finishing my red version of Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Beauty, I have wanted to make more monochromatic (single color) quilts!  It has been a personal goal of mine to make one of each primary and secondary color.  But other quilt projects and activities have prevented me from making any progress toward reaching that goal.
Also, as many of you know, I love the study of color and am a committed follower of the color industry.  Pantone's color of the year for 2017 has provided me with new resolve to make my next stash busting, single color quilt!
Like I did with my Red Ridge Beauty, I intend to use fabrics from my stash of green and neutrals.  I will be using a wide spectrum of greens.  Every thing from yellow-green (lime) to blue-green (teal or aqua) and all the shades, tints, and tones of green in between!

For inspiration, I found many scrappy green quilts on the internet!  Here are just a few.




The pattern I plan to use for this quilt has been chosen and I intend to construct it using the Leader & Ender process!

You are welcome to join in!  I plan to use Sunday's QA meeting to begin cutting out this quilt!  I will be bringing my green /neutral stash and you are more than welcome to use my stash in a green quilt of your own!  
 This invitation is open to all members!  I will be bringing fabrics to our January Time to Sew event as well.  If you're unable to come on Sunday, it will not prevent you from participating!  Diversity is the key to scrap quilts, so I encourage you to bring your greens and neutrals to share as well!  The more we share the bigger dent we can make in our stash and the more beautiful our scrappy green quilts will be!
 While cutting and sewing my green quilt, I plan to dream about summer and all the green that surrounds us during those long summer days!

See you Sunday!  


1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,blue ridge business internet

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with us!